Welcome to my homepage. My name is Derek Cameron, and I live in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. This site is hosted on Github.
My educational articles aim to help those new to setting up virtual servers. They are hosted in the cloud as a Web App on Microsoft Azure.
- Basic Set Up of PuTTYgen, PuTTY, and VPS for Windows Users
- Ten Basic Tasks to Set Up a VPS
- Send and Receive Mail from Your VPS
- The Easy Way to Build a VPN
- Strongswan on Debian 8 for iOS 9 Client
- OpenVPN and Stunnel on Ubuntu 15.10 for Windows Client
- Shadowsocks on Ubuntu 15.10 for Windows Client
- Strongswan on Ubuntu 16.04 for iOS 9 Client
- OCserv on Ubuntu 16.04 for iOS 9 AnyConnect Client
- V2Ray for Windows Client and Debian Server
- Upgrade Consumer Wi-Fi to Enterprise Wi-Fi
- Install FreeRADIUS and DaloRADIUS
- Witness to the Fullness of Light
- Nisargadatta’s Guru
Book, Audio, and Video
A Journey of Christian Meditation. I wrote this material for Christian meditators. It tells the story of my journey across British Columbia, from the Pacific to the Rockies. Christian meditation is woven into the journey. You can read all the chapters online, and you can also download the complete text as a PDF or as a plain text file. Kindle users can get a mobi version from Smashwords, and iPad users can get an iBooks version from iTunes. If you’d like a hard copy, you can either download the PDF and print it, or you can buy a printed copy from Amazon.
Christian Meditation: Learn How to Meditate in the Tradition of John Main. This audio CD teaches you how to meditate in the tradition of John Main and the World Community for Christian Meditation. Simple talks tell the story of John Main and his vision of community, and give instructions for meditation by repetition of the prayer word, or mantra, “Maranatha.” Included are two tracks where a short piece of music fades into 25 minutes of silence so that you can time your meditation period. Track listing: 1—Welcome (0'27"). 2—John Main (3'35"). 3—Community (2'13"). 4—How to Meditate (4'06"). 5—Using the Timing Tracks (1'18"). 6—Morning Music with 25 Minutes Silence (27'21"). 7—Evening Music with 25 Minutes Silence (27'22"). 8—Closing (0'34"). Sold on Amazon.
The “I” Is Just a Word. This video was made in 2012. We were each asked to answer four questions. You can view my responses on YouTube.